cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This modified 1975 Trans Am is pro-touring perfection

Some cars just tick all the right boxes. We’ve all experienced it: You’re scrolling through for-sale listings and a car makes you stop and do a double take. The most recent ride that arrested our routine scrolling is this pro-touring 1975 Pontiac Trans Am on Bring a Trailer. While it looks like a pretty standard Trans Am with 18-inch wheels, a closer look reveals much more. 

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/this-modified-1975-trans-am-is-pro-touring-perfection/

Replies (2)

Replies (2)

Poncho powered. Stroked 400.

I think I'd call it a resto-mod.

Nice ride !

New Driver

No real specs? Come on! Beautiful example of what I think of when I think pro touring. While I like the ls engine, I wonder why they decided not to go with true Poncho power. A built 455, or even 400 would have been better. When I see shops dropping in crate engines, the words lazy and cheap come to mind. Why? Because it is less legwork to source parts, and it is cheaper to drop in a crate engine even though they are up-charging the end user. A built 455 would easily make the claimed power of that LS. A 400 would as well. And both would have been Pontiac DNA. 

Instructor