cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This fleet of fully functional vintage firetrucks is ready for adventure

For three decades, I ran an auto repair shop in Hellertown, Pennsylvania. At some point—long enough ago now that I can’t remember—I joined the Dewey Fire Company of Hellertown as a volunteer. The company dates back to 1898, and they named it after Admiral George Dewey for his victory at Manila Bay during the Spanish–American War. As far as I know, he had no connections to Hellertown and probably never even heard of the place, but he was a hero back then, so it stuck.

I own a pretty eclectic collection of vehicles, but I’m particularly connected to four trucks I bought from the fire company: a 1959 American LaFrance 900 Series pumper, a 1976 International 1700 rescue truck, a 1977 American LaFrance Century Series pumper, and a 1989 Hahn pumper ... Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/this-fleet-of-fully-functional-vintage-firetrucks-is...

View Entire Topic

I've never seen a gear pattern like that before--with 4th over 3rd. I wonder how many times I would shift 1, 2, 4 before getting the muscle memory right. 🙂 

Intermediate Driver