cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This family's '69 Chevelle made memories, a quarter-mile at a time

When my father, George Carroll, was 18, he purchased a 1969 Chevelle from Zele Chevrolet in Torrington, Connecticut. He was too young to get the $3800 loan himself, so his father cosigned. Around this time, Dad and a few other gearheads founded the Speed Syndicate Car Club.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-familys-69-chevelle-made-memories-a-quarter-mile-at-...
6 REPLIES 6
mechimike
Intermediate Driver

Great story....and I also want to know the story of that Volvo Amazon in the lead picture!
Geespoon
New Driver

Love this story. coincidence, I race a blue 69 Chevelle with a black top at LVD my name is George and my wife's name is Diane (very close to his wife's name) thought that was pretty funny as I read the story.
Dad_jokes
Detailer

Cool car; cool dad; cool story.
RickL
Detailer

Great story, I grew up at the "Valley. My Dad drag raced SC/Rambler early 70's. What a great place to grow up at. I vaguely remember this car, there were so many great muscle cars back in that time racing and people of all races, gender, economic situation, involved.
dusty
Pit Crew

I love that many class winner stickers I raced on Vancouver Island BC and the late 60s and they gave our little class winter trophies when I sold the car I let 30 trophies go and kept four
DaveA
Instructor

A great story and a beautiful car.