cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This divine Power Wagon faithfully served a mountain monastery for 53 years | Hagerty Media

This 1956 Power Wagon came to me by way of its original owners, the Roman Catholic monks at the Charterhouse of the Transfiguration Carthusian monastery, located on Mount Equinox in Sandgate, Vermont. I worked for the Carthusians as mountain manager and business director for a number of years, where I operated their two hydroelectric power plants, a 5.2-mile toll road to the summit, and various other ventures.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/this-divine-power-wagon-served-at-a-mountaintop-mona...
3 REPLIES 3
Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

I just love the look of this truck. The green color, the stance. It's just perfect.
AG1962
Detailer

Gorgeous! Have always wanted one, but now that I could afford one, I don’t have anywhere to park it, and storing it half an hour away in some facility is just not worth it...
Tcoradeschi
Intermediate Driver

Very cool. What's the rest of the drivetrain? I learned to drive in a 68 Power Wagon dump truck w/ a 225 slant six. Not sure what the motor options were in 56...