cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This Corvair Lakewood wagon sports a 283-cube suprise

Of all the things that make the Chevrolet Corvair awesome, an excess of power is not among them. Folks have been attempting to remedy that for decades, with varying degrees of success. However, in the middle of my endless scroll of cars for sale online popped up a particularly promising candidate: This Lakewood wagon, which sports a V-8 swap and appears to be a bang-up job.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-corvair-lakewood-wagon-sports-a-283-cube-suprise/
4 REPLIES 4
RokemRonnie
Detailer

If you can find the parts to reverse rotate a Buick/Rover V8, that would save about 150 lbs over the 283.
Kyle

Reversing a Buick 215 is fairly common, and something I have been kicking around for years. Just need to put in some work and make it happen...
MadamBlue91
Pit Crew

I bet the handling is interesting! I can't imagine that iron head 283 is very light!

Rob1
Instructor

Another unknown fact by this olde guy never new a station wagon was built as far as this creation Iam a little dubious of the engineering not to sure whether i would attempt a warp speed shot.Cheers R