cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

This $80K S2000 shows that rare, perfect-condition cars are still commanding big bucks

There is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now. We’ve touched on what the coronavirus pandemic means for the global car market, but the situation for many auction companies is sink or swim. Live auctions that were planned for spring or summer have been postponed until the fall or moved to online-only, as is the case with RM’s Palm Beach auction in late March and its upcoming Essen auction in June.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/this-80k-s2000-shows-that-rare-perfect-condition-ca...

5 REPLIES 5
Rider79
Instructor

Never heard of the CR, and certainly not a fan of that wing, but I do like the S2000 in general.  I am not surprised that they are well-valued nowadays.

DocLandis
Passenger

If you have never heard of the "CR", then you don't have much knowledge of the S2000.   Btw, the wing came standard from the factory.   Yes, this one belongs in a museum, but man, oh man... how I would LOVE to get behind the wheel of that one.   It puts my 05 to shame, but then again, I get to drive mine all summer.

KeepOnDrivin
Passenger

Nice to see the S getting the recognition it deserves. Back in 2000 the S had the most powerful normally aspirated engine to date. 2L, 4 Cyl, 240 BHP. Wow! I own number 126 of the 2000 year model S. It is completely stock right down to the original brakes. Within the last two years I had thought of selling the S on Bring A Trailer but thankfully came to my senses before listing. With only 60,000 miles, she's just getting broken in!

s2kx4
New Driver

We currently own 4 S2000's ... a 2001 NFR, 2005 GPW and 2 - 2008 CR's - Rio Yellow & Apex Blue Pearl. All are equipped with matching factory hardtops and every available OEM option, all are bone stock and driven regularly. Last week my friend Bill finally purchased a 2001 spa yellow S2000 from a gentleman in Washington, this car was flawless with just over 59,000 miles and beautifully maintained coming with a matching OEM hardtop. Completely original, single owner car. Price Bill paid was $44,000. The rarest cars are the un-modified original vehicles, the riced and ruined cars are virtually worthless. I have been offered obscene amounts of money for each of ours at one time or another but I know what I have and intend to enjoy them to the fullest. Honda cannot and will not make a car this visceral or raw again due to regulations. For those who may think me foolish for owning 4, there is a very reclusive gentleman in NorCal who allegedly owns 29 S2000's, None have over 200 miles, 9 are said to be CR's and he even has a Europe only "Ultimate Edition". I would take the S2000 over any other sports car made currently or within the last 20 years. It does everything well.

kip
Intermediate Driver

nice car for its time, but worth $80k? Crazy in my opinion. Trade it in somewhere and watch a dealer try and give you $10k for what is essentially a used '08 Honda.