cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This $28M custom Rolls-Royce was built for a billionaire's picnic-with Beyoncé and Jay-Z | Hagerty Media

The first object to emerge from Rolls-Royce's reintroduced Coachbuild department is a 19-feet-long picnic hamper. Now speculation is rife that the owners behind the grand statement are Beyoncé and Jay-Z - who will enjoy posh picnics when touring the Mediterranean backroads of the Cote d'Azur, where the couple regularly visit on holiday.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/28m-custom-rolls-royce-beyonce-jay-z/
21 REPLIES 21
sclin10
Detailer

Some people have more money than good taste.
Spuds
Advanced Driver

Sickening.Excessive hogwash.

DeanH
Intermediate Driver

Call me crazy but if I had more cash than I could ever blow in my lifetime, I'd give the bulk of it away directly to good causes where it would do God's work instead of Satan's.
Sledogpilot
Intermediate Driver

Not crazy at all.
Smasher
Pit Crew

I don't think the money for this came from God's work.
Walker
New Driver

Amen to that, you are far from crazy, your right on target.
Woodshedder
New Driver

Makes a lot of sense. A car with a cocktail bar?
No cure for stupid.
Numberscruncher
Detailer

Love Rolls Royces, but 28M? Ouch.
SilentBoy741
Detailer

For 28 million, I at least expect some place to put my luggage. The "hosting suite" looks like the trash bin for every discarded idea they tried to cram into the Aztek... If that's what you have to drive when you're rich, then color me happy and poor.
bblhed
Detailer

Lets do the grand tour but we are either going to have to shove the suitcases into the back or have the staff follow us with a truck for the luggage. This thing looks less practical than an MR2 Spider.
Maestro1
Advanced Driver

Indeed. Wretched excess. But Rolls is notorious for this kind of thing and they do it very well. I had
a Bentley at one time, a '65, nothing unusual about it, and it was meticulous and impressive for a production car. All of them will be sold; Rolls knows its Market; so have a Pint, bring your sense of humor, and don't worry about it.
drhino
Instructor

Completely absurd. Nothing but an ego validation piece. But, what the hell— you can always do what you want with your money and property. Most don’t understand the stuff I spend my money on.
ree
Pit Crew

Most absurd waste of talent & material I can remember.
UGLY on wheels.
Dave404
Detailer

Hideous. Rolls Royce cars are the best in the world but only up until 1980. The company that now owns them has ruined them.
Tinkerah
Technician

I wouldn't find room for it if they gave it to me but what's with all the hate? (Or is it envy?) Some rich folks paid whatever it cost to have their fantasy fulfilled, not yours. And a crew of tradespeople earned a tidy sum for their skills....I wouldn't even have opened the article except I was curious about the term "hamper".
Reinhold_Weege
Detailer

I came here to look at the styling/details/whitewalls and accidentally walked into Orwell's 5-minutes of hate! I could care less about the celebrity connections and dumb ideas like the in-trunk booze chiller.

I was thinking about how mass-market luxury makes used to take a few cues from RR and end up with a very nice product... Seville, Mark III, etc. I sure do wish the regular folk could have nice things again instead of giant SUVs with all the stylistic appeal of a refrigerator.
Billthecat707
Detailer

Repulsive. Nauseating. Think of all the housing they could have built for the homeless, 1 example, with money left over from purchasing a standard Rolls.
Reinhold_Weege
Detailer

"homeless" is offensive. I prefer the term "free-spirits", as in "They could have given their money to some free-spirits to use as they choose."

Billthecat707
Detailer

I wouldn't call a family living in a tent in the woods or the back of their car "free spirits ".
Bullit
Intermediate Driver

Seam's to be abit excessive, or in other words.... Bahahahaha stop it, you're killin me! 🤣
slombard
Hagerty Employee

Imagine how much Grey Poupon you could hand out to all downtrodden living in tents from this thing.