cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This 1964 Buick Skylark keeps the convertible love in the family

In July 1964, the “it” car of the moment was the Ford Mustang, but my mother didn’t want a Mustang. She wanted a Buick Skylark convertible. I was too young for a driver’s license when my father and I pulled out of the showroom of Deal Buick in Asheville, North Carolina, in her Marlin Blue Skylark, but it was only a matter of time.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/this-1964-buick-skylark-keeps-the-convertible-love-i...

Replies (3)

Replies (3)

I owned a 65 Buick Special convertible back in the late 70's while in high school. Virtually identical to your Skylark. Beautiful car and a real conversation piece back then. It was the go-to car for crusin' on Friday and Saturday night.  It was always trouble free and never let me down.  I sure do miss it.

Passenger

You made exactly the right decision- I'm envious! 

New Driver

Good move, restoring that Skylark.  It is quite pretty in that colour. 

My dad bought a 1964 hardtop, 300-4V, new; it was white over red, with a white bucket seat interior.  It was also his first car with A/C.  No power steering, but he was plenty strong to manhandle the wheel.

A neighbor had a 1965 Skylark convertible, black over yellow, with a black interior.  It was pretty cool, also.

Intermediate Driver