cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

This 1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe is a real looker

In 2012, I sold a 1968 Chevy C10 pickup truck and had a pocketful of cash, so I started looking for something unusual. Just about everything I had previously owned was a hot rod, and I wanted something closer to stock.

I found my ’41 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe coupe online, listed for sale in Ontario, New York. The old coupe looked really interesting, so I called the owner ...

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/this-1941-plymouth-special-deluxe-is-a-real-looker/

3 REPLIES 3
pastorlarry
New Driver

What a great car. If I was younger I would sell my '76 Corvette for a car such as this. I love the Art Deco look and the solid look of the car without it being huge. Again, what a great car and color!

bhankinsonn
Intermediate Driver

....and anyone will give a car like that a "thumbs up" as it is not the norm, both for those of us who actually remember cars like that or our kids who probably have never seen one for real.

hearsedriver
Intermediate Driver

the 40's mopars are beautiful cars. they do not have the same following as the fords or chevys, and that is unfortunate. anyone who has ever driven these solid pieces of automotive history will immediately appreciate them. but then, i am not impartial as i own a Canadian made 47 Plymouth special deluxe club coupe. yes, thumbs up all the time. they are dependable as well. in the late 90,s i went on a 750 mile round trip with daughter and her hubby. they were driving a minivan with a problematic transmission. wife and i followed them in the 47 so we could pick them up if they broke down. the north shore of lake superior was the route, lots of big hills on that route.