cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This 1941 Ford truck proves you can go home again, or at least back to camp | Hagerty Media

On a pristine lake in northwest Wisconsin, a rustic all-girls youth camp sits in quiet anticipation, patiently awaiting the start of its 100th summer. The silence won't last much longer, however. There's much to do at Camp Agawak before its young residents arrive in June, and the annual prep work is a welcomed distraction for owner and director Mary Fried.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/this-1941-ford-truck-proves-you-can-go-home-again-or-at-least-bac...
8 REPLIES 8
64jeepsrt
Intermediate Driver

beautiful story... thank you for telling it.
Srdann2e
New Driver

I worked and now volunteer at a boys camp in Ca. Back in the '60's We had a WWII deuce and a half. Flat bed, long gone rag top and a PTO Winch that we could and did use to pull Greyhounds out of muddy ditches. The Granny low made off roading for firewood a cinch. Talk about low and slow...
My question re this 41 Ford is why the Ca plates??
cdkrek
Intermediate Driver

seller in California
Srdann2e
New Driver

Truck not in Ca. till '89.  Plates are '41

edddurst-gmail
Intermediate Driver

In Ohio and Pennsylvania, you can register the original year plates on your classic vehicle. My problem was that in PA they quit using yearly plates and only issued stickers. My 1971 Dodge D100 ran normals.
Roundhouse
Pit Crew

in georgia you can run year of manufactured plates up to 1988 I think,
they stopped using yearly plates in 72 and switched to stickers, and different plates every 7 years , but the YOM plates can be 4 years plus or minus of the car model. I discovered georgia kept making yearly plates for heavy trucks, so if you can find a plate from an 18 wheeler you can get the yearly plates.
02-orignal-ownr
Detailer

From the picture, I thought at first it was a screenside (vegetable wagon) but it was obviously purpose built to haul people. Wonder who the body builder was...

Very cool story.

-Nate
Detailer

And now, the circle is complete .

I remember old camp and C.C.C. rigs like this in rural New England in the 1950's and 1960's, a few made it into the late 1970's .

Kudos to all involved here .

-Nate