cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This 1925 Seal three-wheeler is "the first of its kind"-and 1 of only 2 survivors | Hagerty Media

There's a lot to be said for Mustangs, Corvettes, and muscle machines, including this: They're everywhere. If you're looking for something that isn't, how 'bout a quirky three-wheeled vehicle that's more motorcycle than car? Offered at Bonhams' Summer Sale, scheduled for July 2-4 in Stafford, U.K, is this rare 1925 SEAL 980cc Family Motorcycle.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorcycles/1925-seal-three-wheeler-bonhams-2021/
6 REPLIES 6
RALPHIII
New Driver

It is "cute", but the driver near center mass ... If you were alone you had to take care making a left hand turn ! Ralph
drhino
Instructor

Goodness gracious! That is fantastic!
31ATudor
New Driver

Seems to me (based upon countless hours as a youngster reading G.N. Georgano's Complete Encyclopedia of Motorcars) that there was a similar vehicle produced that was sold as the Scott Sociable. I noticed that the SEAL's name is an acronym (sociable, economical, and light). Could these be one in the same vehicle? I still have two old copies of Georgano's book in my library. I'll have to look it up this evening.
GRP_Photo
Instructor

No. The Sociable had a water-cooled engine, a more elaborate body, and a split windscreen. The front wheel was also offset from either of the rear wheels, which doesn't appear to be the case here.
It is reported that turning in the Sociable was dangerous at speed. I would bet that this was true of the SEAL as well?
Al
Intermediate Driver

Yeah, but did it have Lucas electrics?
SuperDeLuxe
Advanced Driver

Motorcycles rarely make good cars. The word "hybrid" takes on a new meaning with this one.