cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This 10-km R34 Skyline GT-R just sold for a record-setting $549,000 | Hagerty Media

Back in April we stated this R34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur could break the half-million dollar mark. Our prediction came true last weekend, when the car sold for $549,000 (including fees). The sale, conducted online by Japanese company Bingo (formerly BH) Auctions, smashes the previous record for a Skyline at auction, set by a Kenmeri 1973 Skyline GT-R, which sold for $430,000 in January of 2020.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/10-km-r34-skyline-gt-r-sold-record-549000/
5 REPLIES 5
MATTMERICA
Instructor

The price this vehicle sold for is not alarming. These vehicles are incredible and much sought after. The price seems more reasonable than what people have been paying for late model SRTs and pickups from the 80s.....
Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

If somebody wants to offer me that kind of money for my Supra I could consider an R34 but that is never going to happen. These cars have just gone nuts in price. I will sadly never own one.
Gs2k
Pit Crew

out of my price range
SJ
Advanced Driver

Imagine what it would be worth if you actually enjoyed it for 100K miles.
Greg_I
Advanced Driver

@SJ  Would still be worth six figures. That said, I’d much rather take the one with the high kilometers. That way you can enjoy it and share the experience with others.