cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

These 10 exceptional cars parked in Goodwood Revival's public lot

"Give me Goodwood on a summer's day, and you can keep the rest," said the late, great Roy Salvadori. Well, summer made its last appearance at the Goodwood Revival and we couldn't agree more wholeheartedly.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/these-10-exceptional-cars-parked-in-goodwood-revivals-public-lot...
35 REPLIES 35
Dutch
Pit Crew

I would think that the '65 Dodge parked next to the Gullwing would be a much rarer sight over there?
RG440
Detailer

Coronet 500 Hardtop at that !
Solosolo
Intermediate Driver

It might be rarer but who would bother looking at it?
MoparMarq
Detailer

I would...
Although those Bentleys are pretty darn cool, too.
MustangJim
Advanced Driver

I would, but I can spend hours in that parking lot..one word..wow!
SAG
Advanced Driver

Dodge_Gullwing
Hello ?
SAG
Advanced Driver

Do a "head count" - Production.
120,000 Dodge's [+/_]
1,000 Gulwings [high side]
OHCOddball
Detailer

Some of the best cars aren't in the shows.
gfviperman
Detailer

The 8C .... OMG!!!!
RG440
Detailer

I like the pop top camper van in the first picture ! Lunch anyone?
MrBill-1943
Detailer

While stationed in Germany in 1961 I was an Air Policeman and one of our duties was to guard F 100's armed with Mark 4 Nukes in the planes. I got to know one of the pilots, Lt. Bunn, very well and when he went stateside for a quick leave asked me to watch over his 300SL and take her out for a drive every few days (took her out everyday). I want to tell you it was perhaps the best 2 weeks in an 18 year old's enlisted mans life. Car was outstanding then as it is now and will always have great memories, oh yes even about the 300SL.

JagManBill
Intermediate Driver

or the DB 2/4 next to the Bleu Train. Those are growing on trees don't cha know...
sclin10
Detailer

At first glance I thought it read "Goodwill Revival".
Patrician
Intermediate Driver

Isn't a 914 a glorified VW Fastback/Squareback? I worked on quite a few 914s years ago. I remember the clutch cable ripping out the rear firewall behind the driver's seat. We would weld in a much heavier steel plate. The pressure sensors went bad all the time and the car would hesitate or go full rich. .
Salty_Dog
New Driver

Have Mercedes 300SL Gullwings appreciated to $6M? I'd thought surely they were in the $1M to $1.5M range, not that I'm suddenly priced out of the market, lol...
bblhed
Advanced Driver

When prices moved into the $6 million range I didn't even have to check to see if I was recently priced out of the market, I as well knew I wasn't recently priced out of the market.
daffodildeb
Pit Crew

I don’t know, but it was the “car that got away” for us, back in the early ‘70s, darn it!
Eric
Hagerty Employee

Salty Dog, you're right and we've fixed the error--- mistake that slipped through, thanks for catching.

Numberscruncher
Detailer

Beautiful cars, all around.
MATTMERICA
Technician

Unreal! Obviously the weather helped with the quality of stock in the parking lot, but WOW
bblhed
Advanced Driver

Solosolo
Intermediate Driver

I have been to the Goodwood Revival several times but I distinctly remember the first time as I arrived early, determined to see everything from the beginning, but after parking my car it took me 2 1/2 hours to get to the main entrance! There were so many unbelievable cars in the car parks that I just couldn't get away from them. To see cars like the Blue Train Bentley's and the MB 300SL I would normally have had to go to several different museums here in UK. The biggest surprise was that I didn't even see ONE security person checking out that the vehicles were safe, obviously the organisers didn't consider it to be necessary.
daffodildeb
Pit Crew

I went to the Revival in 2018. As our bus pulled into Goodwood, I noticed a parking lot that was restricted to older cars, and made a mental note to check it out when I had a chance. Boy howdy, what a place! I didn’t get to it until about an hour before departure on the last of our 2 days at Goodwood. It was stunning what was parked there—so much to see that after a while, rushing through the lot, I would scan down the rows and dismiss things as “oh, that’s just a row of E-types,” etc, when normally I might see just a few in a year! (No offense intended to Jaguar owners.). I was traveling with a bus load of British sports car fans from the US, and yet I was the only one in our group who went through the lot. If you go, START there. I wish I had! I wonder if the Messerschmidt was there this year…
drhino
Technician

Gads. They could charge admission to the parking lot.
avideo
Intermediate Driver

Did I see a peek of a Blue Stripes on White 1966 Shelby GT350 in one of the top photos?
SAG
Advanced Driver

Nice groupe, and the "perimeter cars" as well
makes me want to get back in the 'game'
hyperv6
Engineer

I just attended an event where parking was sparse outside the estate the show was at.

I drove in and saw a DB4 parked on a near by side street, my buddy arrived later and informed me the car was sitting there with the windows open and sprinklers on.

Best to enter the event than park at it.
Mogowner
Intermediate Driver

It is good to see that there are others who own "special" cars to enjoy driving them. My few toys do not register on the dollar scale anything like some of those in the article, but, I would never own a car that I couldn't go out in and have a darned good blast down a nice twisty road.
HumbleHumber
New Driver

Incredible cars and photos, thanks for a fantastic article Nik. Though when did a MB 300SL reach $6M in value?
Scottch
Pit Crew

I was there 2 years ago and can tell you that you can spend hours just in the parking lot. The only issue....you miss the fantastic racing inside!
cassman66
Intermediate Driver

Where else in the world would you see something like this? At Arnage in LeMans Friday through Sunday during the 24 Heures Du Mans. As others noted, I kept trying to leave that parking lot, the sounds of the race were beckoning . . .
RW68RSConv
Intermediate Driver

I don't understand the fascination with the Espada. If it had anyone else' name on it instead of Lamborghini, it would have been forgotten. Horribly unbalanced stylistically. Almost makes the Lagonda look normal... almost...
GKsf
New Driver

Cheers to driving your cars! Such a treat to see online, must have been amazing for people in person
Gary_Bechtold
Technician

I like them all but I love the 288 GTO the most.
brb
Instructor

Car's being used as intended. Very cool