cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

The Volvo Duett that lived through hell in Paradise

By and large, 2020 has been a difficult year, with pandemic, political strife, and the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree all playing their part. Yes, our silver linings seem to be made of pewter right now, but there are precious bits out there if you look hard enough. This month, I discovered such a silver lining—in the wretched, revived shape of a 1957 Volvo 445 Duett.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/the-volvo-duett-that-lived-through-hell-in-paradise/

11 REPLIES 11
Grace
Hagerty Employee

wow, thanks for this story, Stefan. and. not just 'cause it's about a volvo ... 

slombard
Hagerty Employee

No other car but a Volvo could have come out the other side.
Lotusross
New Driver

We throw the term survivor around a lot but THAT is a survivor!!!

40Ford
Intermediate Driver

Wonderful story and with a great ending/beginning! 

And I'll admit that I cried! 

slombard
Hagerty Employee

It's a powerful story for sure. Glad you liked it!
uweschmidt
Detailer

Bravo it is so heartwarming to see an old warrier come alive ando in what it excells

445andFairlane
Passenger

One of my favorite extras form Hagerty are these sorts of stories. I went half way across the USA to buy our 1960 445 'Duet' in the early '90s. Hagerty is its umbrella, for which I'm grateful. Thanks so much for this heart-warmer of a tale !

slombard
Hagerty Employee

Glad you liked it! We need as many "feel-good" stories as possible these days.
RaceCar2020
New Driver

Wonderful. Thanks for bringing this to us. 

BillJfromAustin
New Driver

I had occasion to visit Paradise shortly after the fire.  The destruction was extensive and overwhelming.  How nice that something positive was able to rise from those ashes!  Kudos to Nick Haas for his generosity and artistry.  

slombard
Hagerty Employee

It definitely takes a special vision to see what's possible for a car like that.