cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

The tale of the Loti: Tantalized by an Elan and Eclat, Part 2

Last week, I talked about going to see not one but two vintage Lotuses advertised on Craigslist by a seller in nearby Andover, Massachusetts. The first was a 1976 Eclat, an example of the "wedge" design that swept the automotive industry in the 1970s.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/the-hack-mechanic/the-tale-of-the-loti-tantalized-by-an-elan-a...
3 REPLIES 3
Flashman
Technician

I'm almost sorry you didn't get the Élan; that's at least two years worth of articles right there. Also, you might want to re-do: "...waived them all off".
LoudV8
Intermediate Driver

Great article Rob. Loved the line " the crass sight-unseen, “What’s the lowest you’ll take for it?”
I sold many cars and hate it when a joker asks that question to try to tip my hand and has no intention of even showing up.
js100
Intermediate Driver

Great story, Rob! Volunteering to bleed brakes for a stranger should be worth good karma for at least a year. I get the impression your offer on the Lotus was not so much about the right deal, but a pardon to take the ugly puppy home before its kill date. Bravo to your enthusiasm for the mongrel, I hope it found a good home.