cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SSC Tuatara is now the fastest production car in history—by a shocking margin

When SSC CEO Jerod Shelby arrived at the end of the seven-mile stretch of Highway 160 outside of Pahrump, Nevada, his stomach sank. The SSC Tuatara hyper car was parked, tire engineers already scurrying around the vehicle like worker bees. But Oliver Webb, the race car driver hired by the hyper car constructor to attempt the world record top-speed run, was seated on the ground, head in his hands. It looked as if Shelby’s goal to hit an average speed of 312 mph—500 kilometers per hour—would remain out of reach, despite Webb’s prior run of 301.07 mph.

That is, until Webb looked up at Shelby and said, “I saw a big number, Jerod. I saw a big number but I was saving the car, so I don’t know how high I got.” Webb was right; just as he was fighting to save the car from a terrifying crosswind that nearly blew him off the road north, he had seen a big number. As the data trace would reveal moments later, he’d seen 331.15 mph ... Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-ssc-tuatara-is-now-the-fastest-production-car-in-history-by-a...

View Entire Topic

Corvette should look a little more like this and less like a Camaro.  Sorry I know that might come off jerk-ish.  

Intermediate Driver