cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandan
Hagerty Employee

The Speed Demon team captures AA Blown Fuel Streamliner record and isn’t stopping there

The Speed Demon team kept at with their 3000-horsepower big gun until they captured the AA Blown Fuel Streamliner record at Speed Week 2020. They didn't stop there though, they're aiming to become the world's fastest piston-powered car and are going after the same record just a days after setting it themselves.

Read the full article at Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorsports/the-speed-demon-team-captures-aa-blown-fuel-streamliner-re...

6 REPLIES 6
spoom
Technician

Wishing all success, but mostly regarding safety and the ability to keep coming back for another try. Godspeed.

drjim
Advanced Driver

Go Speed Demon!

I've been enthralled with Bonneville ever since I built a kit of Mickey Thompson's "Challenger" when I was a kid.

Even though there are classes and rules, this is truly the last "Unlimited" form of racing left. Real "Moon Shot" stuff, and may it continue forever.

Mike_E_V
Detailer

Yikes! Mickey is cheering.

audiobycarmine
Instructor

Paint it black and write "Professor Fate" on the sides. 

brb
Instructor

Look'in for that piston on eBay...

bill_2175
New Driver

Even NHRA took note of this. Top Fuel Dragsters are the very top of the latter as far as NHRA is concerned. (Especially in the US). Except Top Fuel Dragster's are slower than Speed Demon and many other Bonneville Streamlines. Bonneville accentuates the difference between top speed vesus quickness. NHRA is all about quickness, yet many think Top Fuel Dragsters are "the fastest" .They are NOT. They are the quickest, not the fastest. There is a similar analogous situation with production EV's versus production ICE cars. The Tesla Roadster will never be the fastest production car. It will lukely be the quickest, NOT the fastest.