cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

The RS2 Avant is still Audi’s überwagon

Early this month, the four-ringed firm announced a limited edition of 25 2021 Audi RS6 Avant “RS Tribute Editions” as an homage to the 1994 RS2.

Sure, for $109,000 the new car has 591 horsepower and can launch itself from zero to sixty in 3.5 seconds with its four-liter, twin-turbo V-8. But it, and every other high-performance Audi Avant, will forever be in the shadow of the O.G. RS2 ... Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/the-rs2-avant-is-still-audis-uberwagon/

4 REPLIES 4
DLP
Pit Crew

In tenure as a sales manager for a Porsche/Audi dealership, we had a customer who managed to bring an RS2 to the states as a test vehicle for his engineering firm. The color was Pearl White, the same color as the BMW he had built to his spec when I was his BMW salesman. It was thwe only Pearl White 325 iX in the states at that time. The was 1988. The RS2 he bought in 1995.  I remember the attention it got in our tent we had at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in 2000, when Audi was the Marque of the race that year. We also had 2 Coupe Quattro's on display that had 20valve Porsche 5cyl. tubos in them that the dealership had restored and built. Quite the impressive power plant in all three of those cars.

Longbranch
Pit Crew

My friend in Germany has one.  The last time I was there we went for a quick blast.  I remember seeing 270km/h and didn’t really want to look further.  When you’re hurtling past a big truck at 3x it’s speed within a couple feet in a corner...it’s pretty scary as a passenger.  

Very fast!! I recall he bought his well tuned one for 15k€ just 3-4 years ago.  His max speed is 315 km/h or 195 mph as GPS indicated. Nice cars.  911 speeds that you can haul a dog and kids in.  

Cheapest for sale right now is 59k€.  

https://m.mobile.de/auto-inserat/audi-rs2-nogaro-blue-single-owner-celorico-de-basto/306072171.html?...

CBC
New Driver

I had 2004 S4 Avant for a few years.  Unfortunately the 4.2L V8 in those cars did not hold up well.  It was rebuilt under warranty at 75,000km then ate itself for good at 190,000 km.  Regardless, it was a wonderful car to drive and in Imolo Yellow it certainly stood out.  I still miss it.

chrlsful
Instructor

audi - durability? May B better in the last decade?