cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

The rarest Shelby on earth lurks inside this Ontario restoration shop | Hagerty Media

Some people are destined for the car business, andPeter Klutt is certainly one of them. His passion for cars-which ranges from Fords to Ferraris-is infectious. Though he started out wrenching in his parents' driveway, he now runsa world-class facility in the rolling hills outside of Milton, Ontario.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/the-elsinore-files/the-rarest-shelby-on-earth-lurks-inside-thi...
15 REPLIES 15
NorthernDon
Intermediate Driver

The Canadians take a back seat to no one when it comes to .... well anything we put our mind to! Nice to have a top notch company that's well managed from the ground up. There's a market for cars restored to perfection so we need shops that listen to the customer and deliver.
Bruinsguy
Pit Crew

Selling cars in Canada in Canadian dollars is the only fair way to do business. I don’t walk into any car dealership or any other business where I am asked to pay in US FUNDS. Why is this practice in place?
puffykins
New Driver

Start thinking Bitcoin....the future.
manorborn
Pit Crew

Just make sure you tattoo your password as low as possible on your abdomen, because once your memeory goes so goes your bitcoin.
Bruinsguy
Pit Crew

Try a place near Ottawa called Wicked Garage. The key fellow Eric at WC can put a lot of vintage restoring shops in second place with his beyond superb work and most important at a $$ price that we ALL can afford.
DT12
Pit Crew

Peter missed out on a Daytona Coupe at $1m, $4m and $7m. Huh! I missed out on one when it was for sale in Green Bay, WI for only $22,000.00! And you think Peter feels bad. 😫
NorthernDon
Intermediate Driver

I think we've all been there. There's something about the rear view mirror being much more clear after well, a few decades sometimes!
RJMatt
Intermediate Driver

I did the same thing with an AC Cobra back in '73. $300 and it needed a starter...
drhino
Technician

I have seen Klutt on both TV series he’s done. (Hope he gets back on the air soon.) Seems like a great guy— humble, down to earth, funny, and extremely knowledgeable. Different from a lot of the other folks that pollute the airwaves.
Dave404
Detailer

I met Peter once at that great shop. He really is a right on guy. At this moment, I'm so close by I'd probably hear that Cobra if it was completed and he revved it up outside. As for missing out on a car, I still can't forget the Plymouth Superbird I saw for sale for $28,000 in 1987 or so. I had no money then. Ouch!
DGB1
New Driver

The day I visited Legendary in my 1966 Mustang, knowing Peter was a Ford guy, was to tour his facility and get his opinion on a complete restoration of my recent purchase. I was impressed by all of his cars and his knowledge as he looked over my ride. He said that to do a really good restoration I would probably be looking at 10K. at the time, early 90's that seemed like a lot. So i left that day and continued to drive my car for 29 years in its current condition with only minor maintenance. Finally sold it a couple of years ago to make room in my garage for $10k more than I had purchased it for back in 1989.
E63Todd
Pit Crew

I was in San Francisco the summer of 1968. Stopped in at S&C Ford on Market Street. They had two or three 1966 Cobra 427 S/C's for sale. The MSRP window sticker at $7,000, iirc, was crossed out and $12,000 was penciled in. I'm sure that they sold easily at that price.
SJ
Instructor

All aluminum 390, never new they made any let alone installed in a Cobra, cool.
SJ
Instructor

I remember him now from Dream Car Garage I watched years ago. And the fat guy he made fun of.
BPatLeMays
Intermediate Driver

I tried to watch his show whenever I could. He is the man who introduced me to Superformance and their re-creations.