cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

The most valuable Willys and Jeep CJs from every generation

Ford's Model T put America on wheels, but it was the Willys Jeep that first took us off-road. The civilian Willys CJ-2A brought a hard-working vehicular veteran-one of what President Eisenhower commended as "three tools that won the war"-from the battlefield into America's open fields.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/hagerty-insider/the-most-valuable-willys-and-jeep-cjs-fr...
12 REPLIES 12
DUB6
Gearhead

I once had a '61 CJ3-B with the F head and 3-speed. It was generally gutless, had no synchros, wandered all over the road at over 35 mph, whined from every gear set, had little-to-no-heat, and the top leaked like a sieve. I loved the dang thing and would give up my current ('08) model for it in 2 seconds. Bought it for $1600, recovered the seats and painted it, then sold it for $3800. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
Tuxedopark
New Driver

I can't believe the author didn't even mention the Dauntless 225 Buick V-6 motor or Tuxedo Park option. An original Tux is very hard to find. Maybe I missed it!!
Jojo
New Driver

We have a 48 Willy and love it.
Agoodbob68
New Driver

My stepfather had a '77 CJ7, Quadra Trac, with all Levi's interior. Even had the Levi's logo on the side. I wonder how much that would be worth today if in good condition?
JeepDave
Pit Crew

I am a little confused here. It says the "The most valuable Willys and Jeep CJs from every generation" but yet it skims over the WILLYS MB and has no mention of the MA. I would bet the price/value of the MA would overtake any of the WILLYS versions mentioned in this article.

Not only that, it appears these values are basically covering values here in the US. Go to Europe and GB to see what the value is on some of the early MA and MB's are over there.
Jeep4me
New Driver

The CJ5 Golden Eagle with a 304 V8 will bring even more $’s! Only built from ‘77 to ‘80. Biggest engine in the smallest body and in a rare option Golden Eagle configuration will be sought after and at the top of the collectors list!

mikeg77
New Driver

Si I bought a 77 Golden Eagle new in 1977. I still have it and use it for plieing. I had my option of the CJ5 or 7. I bought the CJ5 6 cyl, because of the 4 speed with a creeper gear and the plow package. It needs work, rusting pretty bad , but starts and runs pretty good. Wondering if anyone out there would be interested in it for a refurbish.
BGray51
New Driver

yes.

drm101
Intermediate Driver

Heck yes. I, along with many others would love to restore a Golden Eagle!
drm101
Intermediate Driver

We have a '47 CJ2A with the Go Devil that is basically stock. Many folks complain about the steering, but ours will run straight as an arrow at 50 MPH. It just requires everything to be inspected and any looseness removed from the steering components. It is the perfect example of a slow vehicle that is fun to drive fast. I added a lunchbox locker to the rear diff which really helps with off road capability. I have a Dauntless in the barn right now being disassembled and cleaned up. It may find it's way into our '47 or the '66 CJ5 we have waiting in the wings. The Dauntless has a very heavy flywheel and they say it's the perfect gas motor for a Willy's.
mikeg77
New Driver

So wondering how to connect to someone to send pics of my Golden Eagle and discuss selling it or restoration options . As I oreviously posted, I run it for plowing my driveway yet. Usually starts and runs fine , but its rusting pretty bad in places .
mikeg77
New Driver

Ok. Just reviewing this article. Im wondering why the 2 pictures of the Golden Eagles in this article dont say limited edition on the hood. Mine which I bought new in 77 says Limited Edition. Its the CJ 5 with the 4 speed trans, 1st gear creeper gear and the in line 6. But wondering if theres a value differance between the ones that say limited edition and the ones that dont .