cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The manual V-8 Prowler that Plymouth should’ve built just sold for serious scratch

What if Plymouth had built the Prowler as fully-realized, no-compromises retro hot rod? Probably not a question that a lot of people are asking these days. While the Prowler was a fantastic-looking modern take on the classic hot rod, it was in the eyes of some a rather disappointing execution of what it could've been. The car's 3.5-liter V-6 engine and automatic transmission are frequent targets of such criticism, elements that no self-respecting hot rod builder would tolerate. But what if Plymouth had included a V-8 and manual?

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/the-manual-v-8-prowler-that-plymouth-shouldve-built-just-sold...

View Entire Topic

I owned a 2000 for 8 years and spent the last 3 trying to figure out how to get rid of it without taking a bath.  These cars are all show and no go.  Sure, they turn lots of heads, but driving one is an exercise in futility.  Getting in and out is close to impossible (doors don't open wide enough), they ride like a go cart, have lousy brakes and no power north of 55mph.  Mine came with electrical issues from new, a defective speaker in the door, poor fit of the clam shell trunk lid and a few other examples of Chrysler's nonexistant "quality control."  Worse, they deteriorate just sitting in the garage; mine developed leaks from the tranny/rear end for no reason.  It only had 8,500 miles on it when I finally traded it for something else.  My advice: stay away from these dogs and buy a real car.  Looks are not enough (good advice when getting married too).

Pit Crew