cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last Packard that never was: Dick Teague's Predictor

One of the events canceled this summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic has been the EyesOn Design Car Show, organized by Detroit's automotive styling community to benefit the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology and held at the Eleanor and Edsel Ford Estate. In many ways it's a special car show, not the least of which is the fact that you get to see many of the cars actually being driven as they go up and down the quarter-mile-long driveway to the reviewing stand in front of the estate's Tudor mansion. I was looking forward to this year's show in part because I'd get to see the Packard Predictor, the 2020 show's poster car, in motion.

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com: 

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/the-last-packard-that-never-was-dick-teagues-predictor/

Replies (3)

Replies (3)

Also, you have double "was".

Pit Crew

"Predicator"?  You need a proofreader.

Pit Crew

I've seen the car, and it isn't as horrid in person as it appears in many photos, but I confess that's not high praise. I've always liked Teague's work. Packard was on life support, and Studebaker was eventually "death by meeting". The union hurt the company bad after WW2, and management hurt carmaking by reinvesting much of what DID come in in non-automaking ventures. I think it's only been maybe 20-25 years since Studebaker-Worthington Electric Co. disappeared.

Detailer