cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

The Force is still with(in) him, even at the age of 71 | Hagerty Media

John Force went over 332 mph in 1000 feet in Sunday's National Hot Rod Association race at The Strip at Las Vegas, but it's arguable that his greatest accomplishment of the weekend is outlined in the following quote after he was eliminated in the semi-finals: "We did our job, we qualified good.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorsports/the-force-is-still-within-him-even-at-the-age-of-71/
6 REPLIES 6
Tsaxman
Intermediate Driver

Ah, the sounds of my youth:

"Saturday night! Saturday night! Big Daddy Don Garlits! Don the Snake Prudhomme! Shirley Cha-Cha Muldowney! US-131, Martin Dragway!"
HIghSeasDrifter
New Driver

Saw them all at Martin in the late sixties.  What a great track and fun times! And......Sunday, Sunday at beautiful US 30 Dragway.  Made it there a few times too.  Those were the days.

Historian
Detailer

I met him some 20+ years ago. He was at a Walmart in KCMO with his car. Most of the people going in and out of the store had no clue who he was. I got his autograph for my son. He was a hell of a nice man, very down to earth.
SJ
Detailer

Nice, his sponsor is Chevy and Ford is foremost in the helmet picture, old picture obviously(still kinda funny).
Tinkerah
Instructor

True, but I suspect that photo was chosen for the look in his eyes.
cobrafia
New Driver

There's an old saying, "You can tell a man's fear by the look in his eyes". There's no fear in those eyes.