cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

The first factory supercharged Corvette arrived 15 years ago-wearing a Cadillac wreath | Hagerty Media

The Chevrolet Corvette is America's sports car, a steadfast two-seat sports car that's long been the halo of driving pleasure at General Motors. For decades, naturally aspirated V-8 power has been the heart and soul of the Corvette, but the C6-generation ZR1 broke with tradition.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/the-first-factory-supercharged-corvette-arrived-15-...
4 REPLIES 4
CitationMan
Gearhead

I looked into XLR’s a few years ago as the prices were dropping and there were many low mile cars, but the headlights and taillights were no longer available. Was this issue ever resolved?
Not a good look by GM to abandon owners of a flagship car.
kyree-williams
Detailer

A family friend of mine has a 2006 Cadillac STS-V, sporting this same engine. These supercharged Northstar cars are pretty robust, and I believe Cadillac had fixed the Northstar's head issues in general by the time it was adapted for longitude applications (as in the STS, XLR and first-gen SRX). Even the 2005+ DTS is solid.
XLR-Pirate
Pit Crew

I love my XLR. It is exactly like the Gold Mist XLR in this article. It turns heads now more than ever. The styling, especially the shape of the tail lights makes it look much newer than a fifteen year old car. I seldom go anywhere without someone commenting on the car. With just over 14,000 ever made over all of the production years, you don't see very many which is what I like best!
DonnyWaxer
New Driver

I bought at brand new 2006 Cadillac XLRV from Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater Florida leased it, Cadillac black / tan has been amazing car mechanically a few minor cosmetic issues but has 29,000 original family ownership miles, beautiful, fast and great handling I-75 TAMPA to TORONTO and back highway miles and may sell it the bride wants a SUV 7 seater for 3-grandsons!