cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

The bidding race is on for another meticulous 1:32-scale Slot Mods track

About a year ago we introduced you to Slot Mods Raceway, a Detroit-area company that meticulously recreates racetracks for 1:32-scale slot cars. One of Slot Mods’ creations—enjoyed by Formula 1 Paddock Club patrons during the 2018 Formula 1 season—was about to cross the block at RM Sotheby’s 2019 Abu Dhabi auction.

At the time, Slot Mods owner/creator David Beattie said the track “would cost me $125K to build today,” but RM valued it at $20,000–$30,000, and it ultimately sold for $48,000.

If you missed out on that two-lane bargain, do not despair. Bring a Trailer is offering a three-lane 2012 Slot Mods Raceway with three controllers and 25 slot cars at no reserve. When this story was published, bidding sat at $4100 with six days to go.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/the-bidding-race-is-on-for-another-meticulous-132-scale-slot-...

3 REPLIES 3
spoom
Technician

Awesome. Hope it goes to a good home where there will be hundreds of hours of racing on it!

Swamibob
Advanced Driver

Love it!

I've been racing, and collecting, in HO scale (that would be roughly Hot Wheels size for those not familiar) since the early 70's.  It's fun!  We get between 12 and 20 guys together on any Saturday night , in the Winter and race several classes of cars.  Saturday nights are generally fun racing;  For those of us that are a bit more serious we get together on every second or third Sunday and have a serious racing program.  Some of us race nationwide and even internationally.  Slot car Racing is alive and well, in the US.

OldRoad
Instructor

I notice skid marks. Even if they're not actual marks laid down by the cars they add a touch of realism to the track.