cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best and worst vintage racing movies of the 20th century

Back when car enthusiasts' attention was focused on Ford v Ferrari, rather than a microscopic nasty made of lipids and RNA, I started to do a deep dive into racing movies. That investigation led me down a rabbit hole that tunneled back into the silent film era. With so many people holed up in their homes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this seems like a good time to present the results of my research. Here's a trove of the best, the worst, and the most innovative racing movies from the 20th century, plus some tidbits of history that I hope you'll find fascinating.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/the-best-and-worst-vintage-racing-movies-of-the-20t...

View Entire Topic

Anybody watch "Greased Lightning" about  Wendell Scott ? A very interesting movie and a driver I never heard of and I helped build and pitted a USAC Grand National Stock Car in that era and never knew anything about him until I saw the movie. Yes, it has its flaws but a great movie if you truly want to get into NASCAR racing history. Still Grumpy

Pit Crew