cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 9 most valuable cars bound for the 2020 Monterey Online auctions

If you’re a high roller in the collector car world, the annual pilgrimage to Monterey is a way of staying involved in the hobby, networking, and moving chess pieces on the board of your collection. Still, even for the the rest of us who watch the bidding from the sidelines, witnessing sensational vehicles change hands for big bucks is a summer tradition. Although we’ll have to do it this year online and from the comfort of our own homes, we’d rather miss out on the titter of the audience and the occasional applause than go a year without August auctions altogether.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/9-most-valuable-cars-bound-2020-monterey-online-auctions/

Replies (13)

Replies (13)

Bid? I can't even afford to sit in the audience and watch. The sad thing about all of these cars is that they were meant to be driven, and driven hard, but their value is so high that they can't be. If the hood on any one of them got a rock chip it would lower the value of the car by thousands, if not hundreds of thousands. And speaking for myself, if I paid two or three million for a car I'm going to drive that little puppy till there's nothing left but smoke and ash.

Intermediate Driver

That 718 RSK Spyder.... Uhmmmmmm, yes please! 

Passenger

395hp from the Superfast??  I think not.

New Driver

Sorry, but I for one will never celebrate a German car  (the MB here) manufactured in the middle of the Nazi era for the very affluent.  It's none of my business if someone chooses to own it despite its questionable heritage, but another thing to glorify it in shows and articles.

New Driver

Jeff, 2.5 Million for the 1930 Alfa 6C 1750??? You do know that's a new coachwork body "in the style of Zagato"???

Passenger

Enzo Ferrari production numbers were reported at 400, not 40. Some say there were excess of 400 produced. 

Passenger

But there's nuffink there wot I like. Dream car's a Facel Typhoon and I'd (much!) rather have my nostalgia super stock '69 Road Runner, than any of them.

New Driver

I'll take the 1750 Alfa please. BTW, I know that RSK. I saw it in 1960 at the first race I ever attended, the Thompson (CT) National. Holbert rolled up to our hotel in a new Pontiac wagon, the RSK in tow, a spare motor in the back, and his son, Al, as crew. Later it was owned by Bernie Veihl and was maintained by Hans Zereis in NJ. I had a hillclimb prepped Speedster at the time with some work done at the same shop. As I recall it had the body modified with a longer nose and Kamm style rea end. That's obviously been repaired now. Years later I owned RSK #32, sadly it was a bitsa and beyond my means to restore. I believe it later passed through Ralph Lauren's hands. Love to have a "K", but oh that Alfa!

New Driver

Im in the process of buying a $1.2M home this week with a 6 car garage, it might be fun to do the 9 least valuable cars headed to auction, as that is what I could afford if the sale goes through.  Thanks!

Passenger

Are those "Tupperware" lids what normally would be headlamps on the 2018  Bugatti?

Passenger

How about the lowest estimates so we common people may have a prayer at a bid.

New Driver

I love how the car made in honour of the Lamborghini founder is faster and better looking than the car made in honour of the Ferrari founder.

Pit Crew

Wow! If these are representative of the most valuable cars at Monterey this year this shows how COVID-19 has ruined Monterey this year.  No car shows. No hype. No amazing gatherings and no $15 plus million dollars cars up for auction?    :(((((((

Navigator