cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 1978-95 Porsche 928 is no longer a black sheep

It sounds crazy now, but in the 1970s, the Porsche 911’s days looked numbered. The signature sports car had been around for a while, and in the United States, where more than half of all Porsches sold at the time, safety and emissions regulations were becoming onerous and ever-changing. With all of the uncertainty, Porsche had to start facing the notion that the 911 might be too complicated to make compliant. Of course, the 911 never went anywhere, but just in case, Porsche started work on a new model. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/the-1978-95-porsche-928-no-longer-black-sheep/

View Entire Topic

My Dad test drove a used one when I was a little boy with me in the passenger seat, I cannot put into words the feelings I had.  And then Dad came around a slow corner in 2nd and hit it, and the back end slid out for a while then bit and took off.  I was in awe. 
Then Risky Business came out and it was cemented, one of my favorite cars of all time.  I looked hard at buying one years ago, and saw many under $10,000 that I felt were great deals, then I started reading forums about what it takes to keep these on the road and from burning to the ground and got spooked.  Love 'em though!

Intermediate Driver