cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

The 1973 Buick GS Stage 1 four-speed is a rare, forgotten muscle machine

Buick’s public relations department was asleep at the wheel in 1973. Although the brand’s Gran Sport Stage 1 was among the stoutest of the remaining midsize muscle cars offered that year, it was largely ignored by most of the major contemporary car magazines. Car and DriverRoad & TrackHot Rod, and others failed to publish road tests of the GS, which offered more cubic inches, horsepower and torque than almost anything else coming out of Motown.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/the-1973-buick-gs-stage-1-four-speed-is-a-rare-forgotten-...

56 REPLIES 56
vweals
New Driver

Truly special Buick. Thank you for the background information, fine article.

ASmelko
Passenger

A friend of mine had me stuff a 74 455 from an Electra 225 into his 1975 regal. It is a really nice car and my installation looked factory, lucky to have whole donor car. This was in 2004. It will smoke the tires at 35 mph

airplanedriver
Passenger

Saw this car at the Hershey aaca show and it was a amazing restoration !   I own a 73 Century 350 package 2 dr triple white 15k mi. Great driving cars !  

Bill
Intermediate Driver

Nothing Muscular about 1973.

fishbulb
Passenger

I could look at this cream-puff bubble-top all day. Wouldn't own one, though.

Hugh1
Passenger

Looks like the precursor to my 1975 Pontiac Grand Am.

dmopars
Pit Crew

A friend of a friend in high school had one back in the early 80's. It was a 455 car and I believe it was a Stage I as well, Blue with gold lettering/side stripe. For some reason, he had it repainted by Earl Scheib, who painted over all the decals and stripes. It was just terrible.