cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 10 best factory-built mud boggers, rock crawlers, and trail dogs in showrooms now

It wasn’t all that long ago that if you wanted to go off-road—as in, really off the beaten path—you first had to go to the aftermarket and plunk down your credit card. You’d have to modify your truck with a lifted suspension, chunky tires, stronger axles, locking differentials, maybe a sway bar disconnection kit, and a winch. Don’t forget a set of rock sliders and steel bumpers to protect its body, and beefy skidplates to armor its underbelly. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/the-10-best-factory-built-mud-boggers-rock-crawlers-and-trail-do...

Replies (7)

Replies (7)

The Jeeps lack an engine, but have a better granny gear. Which is better, HP or gear ratio? I seriously don't know, not my kind of driving. thx

Detailer

There are only 9 vehicles listed here

Passenger

How can you not include the Ram Rebel?

Passenger

They forgot the U in TRD.

New Driver

I first saw the Jeep Gladiator, as a yet unnamed pre-production model at the Easter Jeep gathering in Moab UT a few years back.  It was a huge hit with everyone who saw it and I made a decision right then that I would get one if Jeep ended up making it.  Well, was I ever disappointed when Jeep introduced the Gladiator, not with the extended-cab 6 foot bed we all drooled over at Moab, but a 4-door street version with a stubby, virtually useless bed racked on.

That configuration is fine for the mall-crawler set, however Jeep needs to also make the 2-dr extended cab model as well.

Pit Crew

I am not an enthusiast of this part of the Hobby but certainly the manufacterers are investing big numbers in this market. I wish all participants safe rides and good luck.

Intermediate Driver

Last I knew, The Rubicon Trail was near Lake Tahoe. That would be Northern, not Southern California.

New Driver