cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Spool's errand: Fighting sameness with boost and bravery | Hagerty Media

Aside from stickers, every car starting the 2020 Indy 500 was dressed in an identical Dallara IR-18 aerokit. In the upper echelons of motorsports, disparity is has become the exception, rather than the rule. Tight rulebook equals tight racing, which sanctioning bodies determine to be the best (and most profitable) dynamic for the sport.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorsports/spools-errand-fighting-sameness-with-boost-and-bravery/
3 REPLIES 3
TonyT
Instructor

As the author alludes, this combination will probably be legislated out of existence. Kudos to this man who applied some independent thinking to a situation that others would throw money at, and even if his entries are banned he can always hold his head high, knowing that he achieved his results by bucking the trend. The "level playing field" in racing makes for boring watching, and those that date bring something different are castigated for not conforming. I sincerely hope that Mr. Breidinger has a long run!
Tinkerah
Technician

I would be proud if something I brought to competition triggered a new paragraph in the rulebook.
TonyT
Instructor

Should say "dare." Stupid auto fill!