cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spied: Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Our spy photographers got a new glimpse at the upcoming Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, which was busy testing on GM’s Milford, Michigan, proving ground. Things are looking promising for sport sedan fans. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/spied-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing/

Replies (1)

Replies (1)

I think it is a mistake to put the Blackwing name on anything that doesn't get the engine.

GM spend a fortune developing the engine. I've read enough to get that enough people in GM power don't seem to believe there is a profitable use for that engine program in GM vehicles...

Frankly I think you could make an extremely limited number of Cadillacs a year (or even a Corvette) with the Blackwing engine and charge a premium well over the cost of said engine. The cost of development is money already burned. The cost to make individual engines could be recovered.

This engine should also be selectively put out to boutique manufacturers and such (I think there was a deal with someone that was cancelled). Spending billions on development and not monetizing it seems foolish to me.

Detailer