cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See the USA in your stick shift ’62 Chevrolet!

My friend Joe has had a lot of cars, and some pretty interesting classics have come and gone in the 14 years that I’ve known him. The current stable includes a 1969 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Town Sedan, 1968 Volkswagen, and a 1983 Porsche 911SC Targa. But perhaps the most photogenic car is this handsome Roman Red 1962 Impala SS convertible.

Read the full article at Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/klockau-classics/see-the-usa-in-your-stick-shift-62-chevrolet/

Replies (2)

Replies (2)

We're all-in for Seeing the USA in your Chevrolet, in our case, a Corvette that is.

We've toured thru 32 of the lower 48 in our 1980 L48 4speed-man.

It is not as old as this '62, but it has been a truly reliable USA Cruiser.

Oh, the trailer.  We had a '73 before the '80 which we traveled in.  My wife asked if the '80 would have more luggage room.  Honey, I told her, I've got you more space than you can use [not].  From 1977 thru 1981, Corvette had an RPO-ZN1 Trailer Package.

We purchased a motorcycle luggage trailer, with 25 cu ft, hooked it up and off we went.  The trailers license plate....TRUNK!

I may be wrong, but I'd bet dollars to donuts, you couldn't order a 1962 Impala with a 4-speed AND cruise control.  Cruise control was first used (by Chrysler) only in 1958; and Caddies didn't come with it until 1960. I'll bet that cruise got added after the Impala left the factory.

Pit Crew