cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grace
Hagerty Employee

Second-gen customizer Rob Ida is a rodder with range

The sun has just crested the row of pines encircling Ida Automotive, in Morganville, New Jersey, but the sprawling shop is already humming. Welding torches fizzle, and mallet knells spill out of the open garage doors. Rob Ida stands between a ’32 Ford and a ’40 Mercury in the two-car showroom that doubles as a front lobby. He’s 47, clean-cut, hair properly slicked to the side, and not a button out of place. Much like his builds.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/second-gen-customizer-rob-ida-is-a-rodder-with-range...

7 REPLIES 7
merlebalke
Detailer

Is there a rule that every time an E-Type Jag is mentioned we have to be reminded that Ferrari called it the most beautiful car in the world? 

bobwatts
Passenger

there should be such a rule

JerryKeefer
New Driver

Great article! Cameron Neveu and really awesome photos as well. The rolling shots and creative detail shots are very well done.

I met Rob a couple years back due to an interest in Tuckers. When I learned that he created a Tucker replica from scratch I knew he was literally a seriously gifted designer and builder. I was blown away the first time I saw the 1940 Mercury. This was unlike any car I had ever laid eyes on. There was not a single detail that was not over the top. The 40 Merc was up on a lift. Looking under this car at all the Chrome and details that looked like the display case of a jewelry store. This was what a SEMA best of show vehicle looked like. On top of all this, Rob is the type of guy that will make time for you no matter who you are. I did a photo shoot at the Asbury Park Carousel. He trailered the 40 MERC and the Tucker Twin Turbo out for this shoot. He and (I think Russ) hung out for about 3-4 hours for me to do this photo shoot. Not sure how many guys at his level are going to give you that kind of time. Well one of these days I will finish that print. The entire skyline of the town of Asbury Park including terrible parking lot lights are reflected in the sides of both vehicles. I am getting there with editing all of that out. But he is always able to give. The Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles had on loan the Gyronaut X-1 (Worlds Fastest Motorcycle '65 - '70) This was another remarkable restoration he and his team completed. Rob, Mike and Sean Tucker gave an incredible presentation to a packed house at the museum all about the motorcycle's history and the restoration. I can't thank Rob Ida and his team enough.
Rob is going to be our special guest at our Pottstown Nights Car Show by Red Horse Motoring Club Season opener on Saturday May 1st. I am so excited to have him as our guest! Can't wait to see what incredible cars are up his sleeves that will come to the event.
Gearheadmike
New Driver

That Tucker was never fully completed.
And here is court decision that stemmed from that case:
IDA AUTOMOTIVE
GUILTY! -NJ sa56:8-1, Consumer fraud!!!
GUILTY! -NJ ac13:45 a2c2, Violation of the truth and contract warranty, deceptive practices!!!

3-5-2021, Superior Court of New Jersey, PUBLIC INFORMATION.
ida automotive, 600 texas rd., morganville, n.j., auto repair business.
Gearheadmike
New Driver

Range? If that includes ripping off clients, then sure... He's got range.
Gearheadmike
New Driver

IDA AUTOMOTIVE
GUILTY! -NJ sa56:8-1, Consumer fraud!!!
GUILTY! -NJ ac13:45 a2c2, Violation of the truth and contract warranty, deceptive practices!!!

3-5-2021, Superior Court of New Jersey, PUBLIC INFORMATION.
ida automotive, 600 texas rd., morganville, n.j., auto repair business.
SamAdamsPaleAle
Advanced Driver

Met Rob Ida at a cars and caffe season opener back in April. Great guy, and brought his beautiful Merc