cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam Smith would rather not talk about Sam Smith, but we asked him to talk about Sam Smith anyway

Hi. I’m Sam. I’m new here, your friendly neighborhood editor-at-large. A silly media term that basically means I’m a roving editor and writer, chasing the interesting. I come here from Road & Track, where I worked for eight years—first as executive editor, then editor-at-large and feature writer. Working with a crack staff, I helped land a National Magazine Award nomination—a first for any car magazine—and wrote a monthly column. Before that, I was a freelancer, traveling the world for outlets like The New York Times, Wired, Esquire, Jalopnik, 000, and the BMW CCA’s Roundel.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/sam-smith-would-rather-not-talk-about-sam-smith-but-we-asked-h...

View Entire Topic

Sam Smith is a fantastic addition to Hagerty. I'm really excited about this. Been reading a variety of magazines for 35 years, it was his era of Road & Track that got me into that magazine (never stuck with me before that).

In a time when so many automotive magazines and voices have been silenced with job cuts and titles discontinued I am impressed that Hagerty is taking the "Let's build an all-star team then" approach.

Detailer