cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Rides from the Readers: 1975 Datsun 280Z | Hagerty Media

Hagerty readers and Hagerty Drivers Club members share their cherished collector and enthusiast vehicles with us via our contact email, tips@hagerty.com. We're showcasing some of our favorite stories among these submissions. To have your car featured, send complete photography and your story of ownership to the above email address.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/rides-from-the-readers-1975-datsun-280z/
4 REPLIES 4
GoFast
Detailer

those 5mph bumpers are heavy steel battering rams, not plastic. Looks like Frank could use a 3 and 9 lesson for placing BOTH hands on the wheel. Let's hope there's a stick for him to rest his right paw on.
fastcharlie
Pit Crew

Can I assume you meant 10 and 2? lol.
VMF218
Pit Crew

"GoFast" - You're technically correct about his hand position. However, he's parked, getting his picture taken. The article explicitly states that his other hand shifts the gears. His awesome 45-year automotive love story has just landed in one of the most popular online magazines and within minutes it's critiqued. Unless your real name is Mario Andretti: 1. You don't know what "GoFast" means. 2. Mr. Miller doesn't need your driving advice.

fastcharlie
Pit Crew

Thanks for sharing your story Frank. I still have my 78 Black Pearl Edition 280Z which I bought in January 79. Forty two years later and it still excites me every time I snuggle into the cockpit. And never any mechanical issues. There can't be many of us original owners left, albeit you beat me by three years.