cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grace
Hagerty Employee

Rides from the Readers: 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4-4-2

Today's featured car is a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4-4-2. This Viking Blue example was bought new by Milton Lee. To celebrate his acceptance at an engineering firm in California, Lee checked nearly every options box and, over the next 30 years, the 4-4-2 remained a faithful driving companion and became a treasured symbol of family memories.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/rides-from-the-readers-1972-oldsmobile-cutlass-4-4-2...

2 REPLIES 2
geozinger
Detailer

I had a 1972 Olds 442 that I bought in 1982. It was just a used (up) car back then and the Ohio winters were not kind to it. Regardless, it was one of the best cars I ever owned. It never failed to start, ran like a raped ape when I put my foot into the QuadraJet every time. I ended up getting a job 35 miles from my house and traded it off for a... Pinto. Ugh. But 12 MPG was killing my budget, so it had to go.  

Gregsmx
Passenger

This is one sweet ride.  I had the pleasure of seeing this one-owner Viking Blue 442 before and after it was done.  Milton’s vision together with Colvin’s collaboration provided an outstanding result, creating one of the best looking 442 conversions in the country. I’m hoping Milton will reinstall the 8-track soon!  Looking forward to seeing it cruising SoCo in ATX!