cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rides From the Readers: 1968 Buick Electra

Hagerty readers and Hagerty Drivers Club members share their cherished collector and enthusiast vehicles with us via our contact email, tips@hagerty.com. We’re showcasing some of our favorite stories among these submissions. To have your car featured, send complete photography and your story of ownership to us at the above email. Today’s featured car is a 1968 Buick Electra 225, the full-size king (or, in this case, queen) of Buick’s lineup. Read the full article on Hagerty.com: 

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/rides-from-the-readers-1968-buick-electra/

Replies (3)

Replies (3)

I had a 1968 Electra 225 in that very same paint color as the Mc Neil rag top, only mine was a four door hardtop.  Can't remember how many miles I put on it, but it never let me

down.  One great car.

Pit Crew

Called "a deuce and a quarter" in street slang. 

In high school, for whatever reason these things happen, to rock a deuce and a quarter and a belted leather jacket (not Fonzie, Carlito's way) was as cool as you could be. 

Great cars, an absolute cruising vessel. 

New Driver

Nice story, but that engine is not a "Nailhead". They were produced 1953-1966. The 350, 400, and 430 introduced in 1967 were an all new design, and are not nailheads. In 1970 the 430 was replaced with the 455.

Passenger