cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff
Hagerty Employee

Rides from the Readers: 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air

Today's featured ride is a 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air four-door sedan. These cars were stunners both in their day and in the modern era, thanks to a ground-up redesign for the fourth generation (which included only the 1959 and ’60 model years).

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/rides-from-the-readers-1959-chevrolet-bel-air/

2 REPLIES 2
Pepperalls
Detailer

Great looking car! I have always loved the 59 Chevs.

Bizarrely, the family parts stash has long-contained a set of doors (2-door), pair of tail light lens, and one tail light bezel for a 59. Somehow got in the mix of our predominately 64 Impala parts stash. The boss of said collection never moves anything along however...

It interests me that the 59/60 is considered a different generation than 61-64. I get that the body shells are quite different but the platform underneath is identical. I guess it's more like Foxbody vs. SN95 rather than a big refresh...

Stasiu3
Passenger

Martin, thanks for sharing your car.  It's in great shape and has a nice garage to live in. 🙂 I wish Hagerty would've included some interior shots if they were available.   That car brings back memories because my grandfather had a '59.  His was bright blue, but I don't remember if it had wheel skirts.  When I was a kid in the late 70's, if it rained he'd come pick me up at school and I didn't like getting picked up in the 'funny looking old car'.  Times change and now I think that this design has presence.  That car was sold to my uncle for $60 and he drove it for awhile before selling it.