cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Review: 2022 Triumph Speed Twin

I was clipping along California's Highway 58 when the peg touched down. A high sun soaked the pavement without interruption from clouds and made my dark-green riding jacket uncomfortably warm no matter how many vents I zipped open.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorcycles/new-motorcycle-reviews/review-2022-triumph-speed-twin/
13 REPLIES 13
Sutton12
Intermediate Driver

I love the looks of this motorcycle. Very retro, Definitely not a crotch rocket.
SuperDeLuxe
Advanced Driver

In ten years, enthusiasts will look back and lament good surviving examples selling for 2x what they sold for new. $12k that was better spent on new adventures will seem like youthful folly in the rearview - wink, wink. 😉
Kyle

Where'd you buy your crystal ball? It doesn't seem to agree with mine.....
SuperDeLuxe
Advanced Driver

Mine is chipped and obscured by mishandling over the years. 

ConfuciusRacing
Detailer

If you can't design something new, mine the old....? Yawn. With the Triumph 1200 speed triple and now this, I'd say that a company like KTM with it's extreemelllyyyy fun Super Duke is the choice. A used 2007 990 will cost 1/2 and is a real match even for track day junkies on the back roads, good luck scraping those pegs...just my dos centavos.
Kyle

Comparing new bike and price with used bike and price is apples and oranges. A new Superduke R is over $19k. It would be fun to put one up against the new Speed Triple RR though...
Rick2
Detailer

A couple of years ago I went to the Triumph dealer looking for to buy new Bonneville T-100. I was much more impressed with the T-120 and SpeedTwin. Being an old guy and having always wanted a Triumph I came close to pulling the trigger. I hate the looks of most modern bikes so "Retro Rick" checked out the Moto Guzzi V7 III Special on my way out the door. I had to go home and think about it because I like to pay cash for everything and I did not have $13,000 siting in my bank. Do I raid the retirement fund? The next day I found a used Guzzi with only 500 miles on it for $6,000 and I have been very happy with it.
brb
Instructor

You nailed it regarding ease of speed. It's far too easy to go way to fast on modern two-wheelers. 90mph feels like 50 and 50 feels like you could walk faster.

As a segue, Hagerty is reviewing new hardware now. How about insuring it. I just checked and could not get coverage on my 2021 Yamaha T700.
Sutton12
Intermediate Driver

I have a 1966 Honda 150 Benley and could not get "classic" insurance through Hagerty. My 1970 VW Squareback was no problem though.

brb
Instructor

That surprises me. I have a 1984 Honda Nighthawk and 1986 Honda Aspencade insured through Hagerty.
Darold
Hagerty Employee

@Sutton12 If you want to shoot me a PM I would love to look into this for you!

Darold
Hagerty Employee

@brbEligibility on most motorcycles newer than 25 yrs old is on a case by case basis. Id be happy to look into this for you if you'd like to shoot me a PM though!

Sutton12
Intermediate Driver

Hi Darold> I am in Canada (Sarnia Ontario) and another fellow looked into this for me earlier this year and realized that Hagerty does not insure classic motorcycles in my area (Ontario, Canada).