cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review: 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 and 2.0

Toyota's 2021 Supra gets two new powerplants, an upgraded 3.0-liter turbo six and a torquey 2.0-liter turbo four. We drove them both.

Read the full review at Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-car-reviews/review-2021-toyota-supra-3-0-and-2-0/

Replies (6)

Replies (6)

No manual trans?? Automatic-only is why we're hanging onto our C7 Corvette Z06 conv and keeping us from buying a C8 Corvette. We don't need no stinkin' automatic....

I don't know about the rest of us but we find the Supra's styling is... ahhh.. um... an "acquired" taste (ie. ugly). 

New Driver

When I read it's Automatic only, I stopped reading. 

Pit Crew

As an m roadster owner with a manual transmission, naturally I am disappointed that 3 pedal versions are not available.  Paddles are the wave of the future.  I reluctantly have to accept that fact.  Also, why couldn't Toyota and BMW each offer both hardtop and roadster versions?  I guess so they would not be competiting with one another.  In a year or two, I might be looking out for a well kept, low-mileage Toyota or BMW 'cause the MSRP for them seems too high.  Patience and depreciation are my friends.

Pit Crew

Nice review; thank you.  I really want to like the appearance of the new Supra, but just can’t get there.  Now I reflect back on the days when there was a bit of competition in this Japanese builder segment, where one could choose between a number of reliable and sensible sport coupes.  And yes, manual gearboxes were standard.......sigh......

New Driver

Those are some really nice BMW coupes....  It might have a Toyota badge, but it's just a re-badged Beemer.  I'm not exactly a Toyota fan, but you'd think a big Japanese company would do more of their own work than just have BMW build something for them. I started to type "to their specs", but it's not even that!! Slightly different body on a Z4 -- doesn't matter how good it is, it's not really a Toyota.

Intermediate Driver

This is by far not Toyota's worst design among its current offerings, but it would have been much more successful not only in sales but as a future hall-of-famer without so many useless slits and slots and other faux design elements.

Toyota buyers have a long history of forgiving design in order to get their basic transportation needs met, but this car doesn't cater to that audience. I've been shopping in this segment and the Supra didn't even come to mind until I read this article.

Intermediate Driver