cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review: 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S

In flying, the faster you go, generally, the less fun it is. A Piper Cub is a 70-mph epinephrine rush with your arm slung out the open window and your feet dancing on the pedals as you try to avoid the clouds of migrating murder hornets. Meanwhile, a guy in a barely-sub-mach biz jet flips on the autopilot 500 feet after wheels-up and lets the computer guide the missile to the target. In that realm, it’s all about arriving tout de suite. The new Porsche 911 Turbo S is a biz jet built for a world with endless runways.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-car-reviews/review-2021-porsche-911-turbo-s/

Replies (11)

Replies (11)

Re: "Forget a manual transmission, that option in the Turbo model died with the dinosaurs. A few people will claim to miss it, but the vast majority of 911s of all stripes are sold with automatics." Well, call me a dinosaur if you must, but no stick shift for me means no sale.

Pit Crew

OK we are all of us are stuck in our houses.... you can't give us a couple seconds of video?  The sounds and motions of that wonderful engine singing thought the mountains, eating up  asphalt and corners... next time do us a favor and review a Prius

New Driver

A 911 in marketing only. 

The "996" and "997" 911s were the evolutionary steps away from the sports car 911, with full disengagement and repositioning as an incredibly competent luxury car with the "991" series.  At least when replacing the Spartan 356 with the upmarket 911, Porsche had the decency to award a new moniker.  Should have done the same once the 993 was retired.  

Pit Crew

A nanny assisted overpriced, oversized car for people with more money than brains.

New Driver

$204,750 reason to continue to meticulously maintain my 977 Carrera 4S with six-speed manual.

New Driver

A dinosaur I am. Still restoring and driving 356s. They were my dream car as a teen, and still are. No need for a radio, AC, power anything. The music is out back, and the tranny a delight. Driving in its purest form.   ….Jim.

Pit Crew

The charm of a Piper Cub is that it’s just you, the stick, and the rudder. Porsche somehow lost that basic connection with driving a while back. I guess they are catering to the posers with endless cash, but with driving skills better suited for a Toyota Camry. It’s sad that Porsche no longer builds cars for people that truly love the driving experience. But then again, you can’t blame them for building what most of their customers want nowadays. 

Passenger

Wow. Wider,longer,heavier. Sounds like what happened to the XK-E and to the follow up XJS. History does repeat itself. But unlike the two Jags, the power has been ramped up to mitigate the size increase. Could be fun. Now if I could just get a $205,000 stimulus check....

Pit Crew

I am so pleased with these wonderful electronic gauges that abound the length & breadth of the cockpit, disappearing instantly so one can watch the newest Avengers film whilst spreading & eating caviar on delicate crisps... and roaring past Maude Frickert in her ‘56 DeSoto Seville, windows down for cooling her hot box....

i posit the next generation will sport an iteration of GOOGLE’s Auto-Drive, piggybacked with Apple-Play to relieve the boredom associated with such mechanical intrusions.... allowing Silicon Valley’s extraordinary gaggle of Software Game’rs the solace necessary for creation....

Passenger

After reading this I like my 2019 MX-5 Club even more!

New Driver

I'm sure if you dig deep and cut away at it there is a 911 in there somewhere.

New Driver