cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Review: 2021 Mercedes-AMG E 63 S Wagon | Hagerty Media

You know the look. That bewildered, how-did-you-end-up-this-way stare that happens thirty seconds after an Ordinary Person at a social gathering makes the innocent mistake of politely asking you about cars. The conversation starts with promise: a normie might well understand the appeal of a German luxury machine with massaging seats, a 1450-watt premium sound system, and supercar performance with a muscle car soundtrack.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-car-reviews/review-2021-mercedes-amg-e-63-s-wagon/
13 REPLIES 13
TacoSueno
Pit Crew

wish there were more wagons and would love an amg one- not a fan of the all digital thing on dah and such though
crm114
Pit Crew

I'm more curious about what effect the reduction in unsprung rotational mass the carbon rotors have on ride and handling then their stopping ability.
Eric
Hagerty Employee

Definitely worth discussion, but without a back-to-back comparison of the car with and without the carbon setup, I don't really feel it's fair for me to make a judgement there. The last E63 wagon I drove was probably four years ago, before any of the suspension updates.
ppointer
Intermediate Driver

I had an e46 touring for 14 years. Currently have an e91. Long live the wagons!
Eric
Hagerty Employee

I sometimes miss my RWD, five-speed E46 touring, until I remember all of the rust. And the faulty sensors. But I did love that thing.
MATTMERICA
Instructor

The ceramic brakes are always an issue, if you are not tracking the vehicle, avoid them. Looks like a great vehicle, but that steering wheel is a hot mess. It strikes me as AMG trying to one-up the M folks at BMW; the other bavarian cream puff maker, BMW, has the well known M buttons on its vehicles where you program in all the myriad of functions and responses for your preferred driving style and then all you do is push a button and it calls up that setting. This MB wheel looks like an engineering project gone crazy lol
MrKnowItAll
Detailer

😴
Numberscruncher
Detailer

2021 is collectible, how, exactly?
wdb
Intermediate Driver

Last of the low longroofs from MB. They're going the Outback route.
wdb
Intermediate Driver

S212 owner here. The only thing the AMG lacks is a MBTex option; that would make it truly a utilitarian beast.
Eric
Hagerty Employee

Good point. Looks like, according to the build site, it's offered at no extra cost on the E450 All-Terrain. Kind of miss the standard E400 though, which you could get with rear-facing seats!
PRScott
Detailer

That video game dash board ruins an otherwise amazing and beautiful car!
carguyjim
Detailer

TOTALLY HOT!!!!
I tried to goad a middle age woman driving one beside me on the I10 here in Palm Springs, Cali, and she was having NONE of it!!
I must say I had better luck at a stoplight next to a couple homies in a URUS who obliged my need to see the big Lambo SUV RIP into the distance, tires spitting rubber particles!!!