cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review: 2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited

“Nah, that’s not going to be a great car,” my friend said, leaning against his Mexican-built Volkswagen and casting a critical eye over the dark-navy fastback parked between us. “It’s a Hyundai.” As the not-so-proud current owner of a well-used 2003 Hyundai Elantra acquired in a pinch a few years ago, I’m perfectly aware of how my pal came by his preconceptions. Hyundai’s U.S.-market debut with its Excel compact car in 1986 was less than perfectly successful, to put it mildly. In the two decades which followed, Hyundai found itself relegated to the bottom of buyers’ wish lists, thanks to budget-conscious build quality, lifeless interiors, and indifferent execution.

In the years since, the Korean automaker has become deadly serious about gradual and tangible quality improvements.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-car-reviews/review-2020-hyundai-sonata-limited/

Replies (1)

Replies (1)

In my experience, swapping out the Hankook tires Hyundai likes to use with a better brand does wonders to eliminating the impact harshness these cars seem to have. When the OEM tires on my wife's Hyundai needed replacing, I put some much better Pirellis on it, and the ride improved tremendously.

As far as the Korean automakers have come, they've reached the stage where they need to talk to their tire suppliers.....

Intermediate Driver