cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Sales of big luxury sedans are steadily sinking like the massive luxury liners that used to dominate the trans-Atlantic trade, and BMW isn’t one to wait around and play the violin while its 7 Series appeals to fewer and fewer buyers. Munich’s solution to flagging flagship interest has been to dump its development efforts into its largest offering yet, a behemoth of an SUV that slots in above the long-established X5.

Dubbed the X7, this 5661-pound family-hauler is aimed squarely at the Mercedes-Benz GLS, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, Volvo XC90, and Land Rover Discovery. It’s a few years late to the game compared to these rivals, but this also happens to be one of BMW’s strongest efforts in recent years.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-car-reviews/review-2020-bmw-x7-m50i/

Replies (1)

Replies (1)

BMW's singular focus on SUVs has paid off in my part of the country. The X7 has been more successful here than the 7 Series ever has been.

It feels like the starters at BMW work on SUVs now, and the backups work on cars. The SUVs feel like a much more cohesive, thoughtful product than the cars. The big grill on the X7 is funny but it works in context. The big grill on the new 4 Series would work only if BMW could charge for all the hateclicks it has gotten.

Intermediate Driver