cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Revealed: 2021 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport

Give Ford dual kudos: for reprising one of its most iconic nameplates and for equipping its 2021 “built wild” Broncos with the style and substance necessary to succeed in the fierce SUV arena. Riding on two different platforms and available in two- and four-door body styles, the new Bronco brand will be the eighth member of Ford’s rambling SUV/crossover household when it reaches showrooms at the end of this year. A standard 4×4 driveline underlines these new models’ off-road chops. Full price outlines haven’t been announced, but the base two-door Bronco will start at $29,995 including destination fees; a $100 deposit will hold your place in line a Bronco starting today.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/revealed-2021-ford-bronco-and-bronco-sport/

54 REPLIES 54
Passenger

Just like when the Explorer replaced the Bronco II, this Bronco should have replaced the Explorer. The car that took on the Explorer name should have been a replacement for the Ford Edge... Still glad to see the Bronco back though, only been waiting 24 years!

Intermediate Driver

I am very curious how the Bronco Sport will be priced in the real world. I thought Ford was coming for that Subaru Crosstrek money, but Crosstrek pricing stops where the Bronco Sport starts. Will Ford make up the gap with generous incentives after the launch rush?

Hopefully the Bronco's independent front suspension translates to on-road manners that can give the 4Runner some competition, because Toyota needs it. All of the 4Runner's natural competitors from 20 years ago have disappeared, or become soft-roaders except for the Jeep Grand Cherokee. And the GC relies on air suspension to do what comes naturally to the 4Runner.

Hagerty Employee

These are really handsome vehicles. Excited to evaluate their real-world mettle and see how they stack against the competition.

New Driver

1.5L 3cylinder?   4cylinder 245hp?  Forget it...

New Driver

Off road version looks like an IH Scout, minus the V8

New Driver

Under powered, overall length to wheelbase suggests bad approach and departure angles, and why is a manual only available with the smaller engine? It’s cool looking (2 door), and I love the granny gear idea, but when you start adding bigger tires (and let’s face it, 35s are small in today’s off road circles) it’s going to be a dog off the line and have low torque for crawling. I also foresee many broken front drive shafts if you wheel it to hard. Love the concept, disappointed with the execution.

Pit Crew

My thoughts exactly.  Especially the 1.5L

Detailer

The Bronco Sport should satiate the needs of former Land Rover Freelander drivers who've almost recovered financially from trying to keep them going.  The Bronco answers the question of what the International Scout would look like today had it remained in production without a better new idea for the past 40 years, as has occurred with the Porsche '911.' 

The Jeep Wrangler is apparently going to get a V8 to respond to the Bronco. If Fiat is smart about it, they'll offer the basic 5.7 as an option in every model instead of putting the SRT6.4 in some special edition. If they do offer the 5.7 for under $40K, the Bronco will be over before it starts.

Passenger

They're a good looking vehicle for sure. BEFORE I would buy one I'd look into the paint issues. I've owned two new Fords (2002 Crown Vic, 2016 Explorer) and can't justify buying another one.