cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Remembering Bill Neale: Artist, prankster, gentleman | Hagerty Media

If you love race cars, then you probably loved the evocative artwork of Bill Neale-even if you didn't know him by name. A prolific Dallas artist who died last week at 95, Neale painted the portraits that once identified the columnists in Car and Driver and Automobile, and his car images regularly appeared in Road [...]
https://www.hagerty.com/media/people/remembering-bill-neale-artist-prankster-gentleman/
2 REPLIES 2
Joe
Hagerty Employee
Hagerty Employee

Bill was a great friend of David E. Davis, Jr., former editor of Car and Driver and founding editor-in-chief of Automobile Magazine. When I worked at Automobile in the 1990s, there were many framed Neale prints on the office walls, and we published numerous custom Neale illustrations in the magazine. Each year at Christmas, Bill's wife, Nelda, would send the magazine staff a big box of her famous Texas pralines, individually wrapped in plastic. I can feel the sugar high now, thinking of them.
WhiteCar
Pit Crew

Met Bill at SAAC 18 at The Glen in 1993. Got to talk to him briefly while he signed a poster I had purchased from him. Glad I stopped to see him.