cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Rate vs. Radius: Our tame fighter pilot considers the consequences of a Miata trade

Cruising the interstate last weekend in our 2006 Lexus LX470, our 2016 Miata on a rented, double-axle car trailer behind us, I had just crested a small rise when a flash of movement from the right edge of my peripheral vision caught my attention.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/rate-vs-radius-our-tame-fighter-pilot-considers-the...
6 REPLIES 6
93viggen
Pit Crew

Couldn't help but busted out laughing when reading "Astro Van Fund". I recently bought a '93 Previa for our kid and an ND2 Miata for myself. This article just made my day!

Josh_Arakes
Advanced Driver

A '93 Previa as a kid's car? Love it. I was passed by one on the freeway today and couldn't help but admire it.

I hope you enjoy the ND2 as much as we have thus far!
Flashman
Technician

You have a knack for translating your life to ours. I now know more than I ever thought I would about pilot training. I look forward to the next lesson.
Josh_Arakes
Advanced Driver

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words!
503ckd
Pit Crew

Always happy to see your name on the page. Another great article!
miata93
Instructor

I have a 1993 Miata that except for an air box is completely stock. In my opinion the air box just adds a few HP at the top end but sacrifices torque at the bottom where it needs it. I believe that it would be a near perfect car if it had the 2L engine. Just a few more cubes would do it for me. The post 2018 ND really intrigues me. However I am reluctant to test drive a new ND because I would really like it but it would not seem to be a simple Miata anymore.
Quick question: MIG-15, rate or radius fighter?