cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Prepping a 1917 Willys-Overland for duty is a bygone, rewarding ritual | Hagerty Media

One of the funky old cars in the garage right now is my 1917 Willys-Overland touring car. I love it. The experience of a truly vintage car is much different than something from, say, the cars of the '60s, which is where the bulk of my automotive experience lies.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/how-to-parade-prep-a-pre-war-car/
1 REPLY 1
Emanuel
New Driver

Hi
I am in South Africa and I have recently purchased a RHD 1929 Whippet Six Model 98A originally shipped to South West Africa.
The Stewart vacuum fuel pump is missing (bolt holes in firewall) and they have fitted a electric pump but its a mess and I want to get it back to the original status.
The foldback leather cover is also missing. Please also let me know where to get one.
Brad Philips mentioned that there are still parts available and he had his one rebuilt. Can someone indicate where I can get a complete unit.
The foldback leather cover is also missing. Please also let me know where to get one or a detailed drawing so that I can have one made up?
Thanks for your cooperation.
Emanuel