cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Porsche: Cars with synthetic fuel will have same CO2 footprint as EVs | Hagerty Media

A few months ago, Porsche made headlines by announcing a significant investment in the development, production, and distribution of a synthetic fuel that can replace gasoline. Now, as reported by , the German automaker believes internal combustion engines using its eFuel will make internal combustion cars as clean as an electric alternative.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/porsche-cars-with-synthetic-fuel-will-have-same-co2-footprint-as-...
16 REPLIES 16
Doug_D
New Driver

Thank you, Porsche.
OldRoad
Instructor

How much per gal? Don't tell I don't wanna know. Thanks to Joe gas has already skyrocketed 30 cents in 2 weeks. Guess synthetic can't be much worse then reg gas in the dark and dank future of JOE'S GAS.
MRM
Pit Crew

Gas prices have risen due to refineries closing due to freezing weather in Texas, demand rising as pandemic closures are lifted and foreign oil production cuts. Biden had nothing to due with it (prices actually started rising in May 2020, well before Biden). And before you say it, none of the oil carried by the Keystone pipeline was destined to be gasoline in the US - it was going to be exported.
Stan65
Pit Crew

And where might I ask did you get this wonderful knowledge? I hope it wasn't the corner commode.
MRM
Pit Crew
MRM
Pit Crew
MRM
Pit Crew
MRM
Pit Crew

Take note of when US had a huge increase to gasoline to China.  Trump was allowing Canadian oil to be transported through Russian steel across America to refineries to export to China.

stop relying on Fox, Newsmax and OTN.  Any of this info was easy to find.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MTTEXCH1&f=M

AG1962
Detailer

This might be the real game-changer, once it becomes clear how filthy and resource-hungry the manufacturing of car batteries is. Enslaved children mining cobalt should have been a tip-off...
spoom
Technician

There's so many ways to manipulate, "the truth(s)" pick your bet-

Does that mean exactly what the article says?

Does that tell a lot about how dirty EV's really are?

Does that mean they're not actually telling us what it really costs to produce (energy-wise)?

How does it compare to old-fashioned non-alcohol gas? 

geozinger
Detailer

Why not research bio-butanol as a drop in replacement for gasoline?
Mike_E_V
Intermediate Driver

Good news. EV's have a behind the scenes footprint not talked about. Didn't BMW experiment with a converted ICE to run on hydrogen? Tailpipe emissions...water?
drhino
Advanced Driver

Infrastructure already in place! If this stuff works... the death of the supposed inevitable mass market EV! Assuming no rework of existing engines to run it; and cost in line with gasoline.
Meporsche
New Driver

Dang Mildred! That kills our coal burning Tesla!
RonD
Intermediate Driver

I sure as hell Porsche comes thru with this. I'm tired of this EV crap already. Here in North Dakota and all the other cold places, how are the pure EV cars going to make it thru the winter? And to the spaced out communities? When we go to see my father in law, and he is not in good shape, it's 280 miles. Hmmmmm, now running the necessary heater and accessories, in addition to fighting snow that inhibits traction during part of the year, I don't see an EV in our future. Let alone finding a charging station in the rural areas. Ok Porsche, make it happen.....
RonD
Intermediate Driver

280 miles one way I should clarify 👌